Do you have a plan so that you can rest knowing you are prepared to handle the risk that comes with retirement?
There are several ways to think of risk in your retirement that I want you to think about:
- Legislative Risk – with the stroke of a pen, can legislation change the game of retirement?
- Interest rate risk – what does the interest rate environment do to your retirement?
- Inflation Risk – from groceries to gasoline, a dollar today won’t be a dollar tomorrow. Just ask yourself how much these items used to cost you 10 or 20 years ago?
- Tax Risk – these are one of those things that you can actually control…
- Health care risks – regardless of your age, it’s a very real risk to your retirement.
Retirement today is what we like to refer to as a “contact sport.” It’s not a sit on the sidelines and hope that your retirement wins the “game.” When you have a plan, it can help you win the game.
In our latest episode, Types of Risk, we dive into each type of risk you should be thinking about in your retirement.
Click here to listen!
Have a great week!
P.S. The last risk we cover in the podcast is your longevity risk or living too long… this is often the unmentioned risk that we all tend to overlook. The longer you are alive the longer your plan needs to work for you.
Schedule A Complimentary Consultation
If you would like to learn more about Compass Retirement or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Scott and Angela,
please fill out the form below today!
By submitting your personal information, you consent to be contacted by a financial professional regarding your financial strategy for retirement.