Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies Recipe
One of the best parts about Christmas is the delicious Christmas cookies. They are popular for family get-togethers, and for sweet plates to give away to friends and neighbors. These delicious melt-in-your-mouth mini cinnamon roll cookies are the perfect addition to your Christmas goody platter this year. But even if you’re making these to give away – you won’t be able to resist taking a tiny nibble. These scrumptious cookies were top rated for a reason! Follow the recipe below to see for yourself.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, 1 tablespoon honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape a heaping tablespoonful of dough into a 6-in. log. In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; roll log in cinnamon-sugar. Loosely coil log into a spiral shape; place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat, placing cookies 1 in. apart. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. In a small bowl, melt baking chocolate with remaining honey; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
For more details, read the full article here.