5 Best Fall Getaways
Ready for a weekend off? Looking for a little peace and quiet? We know the feeling! Try one of these top 5 fall getaways that are perfect for a little rest and relaxation (gorgeous scenery, too!)
- Savannah, Georgia: Beautiful architecture, amazing comfort food and a distinct sense of Southern hospitality are Savannah’s major draws. Visit during fall to enjoy the season’s music and film festivals. It’s also a great time to stay in a historic B&B.
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming: Fall weather in Jackson Hole is sublime, with temperatures hovering in the 60s. Autumn also ushers in a few festivals, plus plenty of opportunities to hike in Grand Teton National Park or to the Granite Hot Springs.
- Charleston, South Carolina: Now that the humidity has dropped, strolling through the historic cobblestone streets of the Battery or sticking your toes in the sand at Folly Beach is even more enjoyable. After working up an appetite, enjoy Charleston’s specialty: low country cuisine.
- Acadia National Park, Maine: Sprawling across the eastern coast of Maine, Acadia National Park is full of outdoor opportunities to enjoy in the fall. Hike, bike or take a leisurely stroll on Cadillac Mountain, Precipice Trail or along the Carriage Roads to admire the kaleidoscopic foliage.
- San Fransisco, California: With the tourists long gone, San Francisco’s off-peak season allows for easier navigating down crooked Lombard Street and across the Golden Gate Bridge. If you’re with kids, take a cable car over the city’s steep hills to Ghirardelli Square for some chocolate.
Where will you go next?
Read the full article here.